Welcome to the English Department
TCC’s English curriculum immerses students in the diversity of the human experience through the study of literature, creative writing, rhetoric, and research. With an English degree, students will be prepared for a wide variety of careers in law, advertising, teaching, public relations, and many other fields.
Whether you’re considering an English degree or you’re just looking for an elective, you’ll thrive in English classes at TCC if you like reading and writing, learning through discussion rather than lecture, or thinking outside the box.
We as an English department take pride in being able to offer students:
- Exposure to some to the greatest ideas of our time
- Opportunities to submit to our student-edited literary journal, The Tulsa Review
- Creative writing contests with cash prizes
- Service-learning opportunities where you can test classroom discussions about diversity, community and inclusion
- Honors classes that take discussion to the next level
- Original literary research opportunities
- Top-notch engaging faculty members
You can discover more about these programs online: