Full-time Employee Benefits Summary
TCC values the well-being of its employees and their families. Our comprehensive benefits package promotes physical, financial, and emotional wellness while aligning with our organizational culture and values.
The following information is a summary. For more detailed and the most current information about employee benefits please contact the Human Resources office at 918-595-7859.
At TCC, we are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of insurance benefits to our employees.
We fully cover employee-only premiums for the following insurance policies:
- Medical Insurance (depending on the plan you choose)
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life Insurance (GLF)
- Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
At Employee's Expense
We also provide our employees with affordable options for insurance benefits, such as:
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts(FSA) for both medical and dependent daycare
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Legal Insurance
At TCC we believe that a healthy work-life balance is essential for maintaining overall well-being, improving job satisfaction, and preventing burnout.
TCC provides 14 days for staff, and 22 days for professional staff each year.
- Amount of days is pro-rated during the first year of employment
- Unused vacation roles over to the next year (limits apply)
All full-time employees are granted twelve days of sick leave per year (or 96 hours). New employees will be credited with a pro-rated amount of sick leave upon employment (e.g., six days if hired mid-year).
Community Service Leave
TCC employees get eight hours of community service leave per year to support the non-profit of their choice.
Extended Paid Holiday Breaks
These breaks are considered paid holidays and do not count against your vacation balance.
- Thanksgiving Break — 3 days
- Winter Break — 7 days
- Spring Break — 5 days (pending approval each year by the college president)
Approved positions have the option to work remotely for one day, or two half days each week.
- Free membership to on-campus fitness centers
- Discounted memberships to YMCA
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Provides counseling and work-life services such as child and eldercare referrals, financial and legal consultation, and more.
- Wellness Incentive - Employees who meet wellness requirements can receive a cash wellness credit.
Oklahoma Teacher’s Retirement System (OTRS)
OTRS is a pension plan for Oklahoma public educators and support staff.
Typical retirement plans have a set balance of money that you can exhaust. OTRS retirees receive a lifetime monthly payment based on their years of service and salary history.
OTRS requires its members to pay a monthly contribution equal to 7% of their salary and fringe benefits. Some institutions leave employees to pay this contribution on their own. As a benefit to full-time employees, TCC pays at least half of your contribution (3.5% of salary and fringe benefits) during your first two years of consecutive full-time employment. After that, TCC contributes the full 7% to your retirement.
403(b) & 457(b) Retirement Plans
TCC makes 403(b) & 457(b) plans available to all employees.
After two years of consecutive full-time employment, when you contribute 1% of your salary to a 403(b), TCC will contribute an additional 3%.
Professional Development & Tuition Waivers
TCC is fully committed to helping you develop your skills both now and in the future. See below for some of the ways we are helping our employees to learn and grow.
- In-house online training system with over 6,000 online courses, videos, and books on a variety of topics
- Leadership training and development program for managers and supervisors
- In-person classroom training is offered consistently throughout the year to further assist you with your career goals
- Annual Convocation and Professional Development Day to hear speakers and attend workshops on various topics with all full-time TCC employees
Tuition and fee waivers for credit classes taken at TCC (Waiver covers the cost of tuition and fees, only). Credit hours may be shared with eligible family members.
- Maximum nine credit hours per each Fall & Spring Semester
- Maximum six credit hours per Summer Semester