The annual Vision in Education Leadership Award Dinner is Thursday, Sept. 27 at the Cox Business Center. A reception will begin at 6 p.m. with dinner to follow at 7 p.m. The 2018 Vision Honorary Chair is Becky J. Frank. Susan Harris is the 2018 Foundation Dinner Chair.
The Vision Dinner raises critical resources for TCC students, faculty and staff. Three organizations have set the pace this year as Visionary sponsors: ARVEST Foundation, ONEGas and the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation.
“David Page brings his heart and his head to every education need in our community,” said TCC President & CEO Leigh B. Goodson, Ph.D. “David has been a champion and advocate for education in Tulsa for decades. He is a consensus builder and a successful leader because he takes the time to listen and makes sure people have been heard and included in the decision making.”
Page is the private bank market manager and vice chairman of JPMorgan Chase in Oklahoma. He is currently Chair of the Tulsa Stadium Trust, Philbrook Museum of Art Trustee, and serves on the boards of the Oklahoma State Chamber of Commerce and the United Way of Central Oklahoma.
As Chair of the Tulsa Regional Chamber in 2009, Page took lead on the role of chief advocator for education reminding the business community that “world changers” are individuals who have had a chance at education regardless of their economic status and go on to create good in the world. Then, his calm leadership was essential when Tulsa Public Schools announced Project Schoolhouse and its intention to achieve significant cost savings through school closings. Page agreed to lead the monumental effort as the comprehensive and collaborative process yielded more than $5 million in savings.
The Vision Dinner makes a difference in the lives of many of TCC’s 25,000 students by providing support for academic, leadership development and scholarship programs for TCC.
“Last year alone, the TCC Foundation was able to transfer more than $2 million in support to the College. The Vision Dinner is the cornerstone to that support,” said Lauren Brookey, TCC Vice President of External Affairs and President of the TCC Foundation.
The 2018 Vision Dinner sponsorship levels are $25,000 for Visionary, $10,000 for Leadership, $5,000 for Excellence, $3,000 for Achievement, and $1,500 for Dedication.
In addition to Visionary sponsors ARVEST Foundation, ONE Gas and the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation, Leadership sponsors include Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma, Cox Communications, Omni Air International and the Anne and Henry Zarrow Foundation.
The Vision Award is presented annually to an individual dedicated to education excellence and community leadership. The 2018 TCC Vision in Education Leadership Award Dinner committee members are David Cole, Kirk Hays, Eleanor Payne, Roger Ramseyer, and Chad Zamarin.
Past honorees include:
- 2017 - Alison Anthony, President of The Williams Foundation, Inc. and Director of Strategic Outreach for Williams
- 2016 – Congressman Tom Cole – U.S. House of Representatives 4th District of Oklahoma
- 2015 - Susan Harris, former Tulsa Regional Chamber Senior Vice President of Education & Workforce
- 2014 - Jake Henry Jr., President & CEO of Saint Francis Health System
- 2013 - Don Walker, former TCC Foundation Trustee and CEO of Arvest Bank
- 2012 - Keith Ballard, Superintendent of Tulsa Public Schools
- 2011 - Lynn and Stacy Schusterman, Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation
- 2010 - Gov. Brad Henry, Oklahoma Governor
- 2009 - Montie Box, Sand Springs business leader
- 2008 - David Boren, President of the University of Oklahoma
- 2007 - John-Kelly C. Warren, CEO of the William K. Warren Foundation
- 2006 - Michael Johnson, Senior VP & CAO of Williams, former Tulsa Public Schools Foundation chair and TCC Foundation Trustee
- 2005 - Early Childhood Advocates: Martin Fate (posthumously), Leonard Eaton, Bill Doenges, Robert LaFortune, George Kaiser, Nancy McDonald, Pete Churchwell, Sen. Ted Fisher, and Rep. Ron Peters
- 2004 - Ron King, former President & CEO of Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Oklahoma
- 2003 - Dr. Jim and Ann Halligan, former President and First Lady of OSU-Tulsa
- 2002 - John Gaberino, former Senior VP & General Counsel of ONEOK, Inc. and advocate of OSU-Tulsa and the OU/OSU Graduate Research Center
- 2001 - Ken Lackey, The Nordam Group, former President of OU-Tulsa and former Chief of Staff for Gov. Frank Keating, current TCC Foundation Trustee
- 2000 - Dr. Paula Marshall, CEO of Bama Companies and former TCC student
For information regarding sponsorships and tickets to the 2018 Vision in Education Leadership Award Dinner, call 918-595-7836 or www.tulsacc.edu/visiondinner.