ASL Studies - American Sign Language Education, A.A.
Learn American Sign Language and immerse yourself in Deaf culture with TCC's ASL Studies program. Acquire vital communication skills for a diverse world.
About the Program
- Explore the richness of Deaf culture and master American Sign Language at TCC.
- Acquire valuable skills in communication, opening doors to diverse communities.
- Complement your studies with upper division coursework for ASL teaching and research.
- Immerse yourself in a supportive learning environment that celebrates inclusion.
- Prepare for a future of cross-cultural understanding and impactful communication.
Uncover the beauty of Deaf culture and American Sign Language through our comprehensive ASL Studies program. Embrace diversity and meaningful connections.
After successfully completing this program, you will have the ability to:
- Communicate with American Sign Language.
- Display behaviors that promote respect for Deaf Culture.
- Use correct grammar and syntax at the appropriate signing level.
- Apply the etiquette of Deaf Culture norms.
- Compare the cultural and languages theories.
Seamlessly progress through our program, mastering ASL and culture. Embrace the journey of learning, growth, and impactful communication.
Navigate your academic path with our ASL Studies program. Prepare for a future enriched by communication, culture, and community.
Careers in ASL Studies
Don't miss out on the opportunity to connect with our Career Services professionals. Schedule a session now to explore the comprehensive range of complimentary resources available for career planning and job preparation.
Seamless Transfer: Your Next Chapter Awaits
TCC is your launchpad to success. Our ASL Studies program ensures a smooth transition from TCC to your chosen university, helping you save on costs while pursuing quality education. Get ready to transfer your TCC credits and step confidently into your bright future.
Navigating Success at TCC
"The campuses are really convenient for where I live, and attending for my degree is free through Tulsa Achieves,” Clayton said. “My advice to incoming students is to not care about what other people think and pay attention to deadlines."
Homeschool Student, ASL Studies