Healthcare Specialist/Paramedic, A.A.S.
Get certified to save lives and fight fires with our Healthcare Specialist/Paramedic A.A.S. program at TCC.
About the Program
- This program provides a wide-ranging education about the principles and practical applications of fire and emergency medical services.
- Successful students will achieve the necessary state and national certifications, which are essential for securing jobs with various organizations including fire departments, industrial firms, government agencies, fire protection companies, healthcare agencies, and emergency medical services agencies.
- Graduates of this program will be well-prepared for various roles in fire and healthcare agencies, as well as similar occupations in these fields.
Our Healthcare Specialist/Paramedic program provides the knowledge and skills you need to excel in fire and emergency medical services.
After successfully completing this program, you will have the ability to:
- Perform a comprehensive patient assessment.
- Manage all aspects of a trauma and medical emergencies as a team leader.
- Advocate for all patients including those with physical, mental, social, and financial challenges.
- Communicate through written and oral medium as well as interpersonal communication.
- Implement a treatment plan with pathophysiological principles and the assessment finding.
- Defend the need for a culture of safety.
Find out what it takes to join the program. Check out the detailed requirements in the Catalog.
Navigate your path to success with our program map. Explore it in the Catalog for a step-by-step guide.
Procedures for application:
- Complete all TCC applications and entry requirements.
- Requires current National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician certification.
- Contact a Fire and Emergency Medical Services representative for an interview and consultation.
CAAHEP Accredited Paramedic Programs track and report outcome measures annually to the Committee of Accreditation for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
|Psychomotor Exam – Passed on first attempt||100%||100%||N/A|
|Cognitive Exam Pass Rate||70%||78%||100%|
|Positive Job Placement||100%||78%||85.7%|
The TCC Paramedic Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 US Highway 19 N., Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
To contact CoAEMSP:
8301 Lakeview Parkway Suite 111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088
214-703-8445; Fax 214-703-8992
Careers in Healthcare Specialist/Paramedic
Don't miss out on the opportunity to connect with our Career Services professionals. Schedule a session now to explore the comprehensive range of complimentary resources available for career planning and job preparation.
From High School to College Success
"Concurrent enrollment gave me a huge advantage in understanding college expectations."
Graduate, Fire & Emergency Medical Services