Paralegal Studies, A.A.
Unlock your legal career with TCC's A.A. Paralegal Studies program. Become a Certified Legal Assistant. Start your journey today.
About the Program
- American Bar Association approved Paralegal Studies Program.
- Designed to prepare graduates to work as professional assistants under the supervision of attorneys.
- Paralegal Studies students receive training in:
- Civil procedure
- Real property
- Legal research and writing
- Drafting of documents
- Litigation support
- Law office systems and management
- Use of computers in the legal environment
- Students will take at least ten semester credits, or the equivalent, of legal specialty courses through traditional classroom instruction.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the course requirements, including a grade of "C" or better in all Paralegal courses, graduates are eligible to apply for:
- The examination given by the National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. to be Certified Legal Assistants (CLA).
- Or, the National Association of Legal Professionals to earn the Professional Paralegal (PP) credential.
- TCC is a member of the American Association for Paralegal Education.
Join the American Bar Association approved Paralegal Studies Program. Gain expertise in law, research, and more. Your legal career begins here.
After successfully completing this program, you will have the ability to:
- Recognize the various sources of substantive and procedural law.
- Identify federal, state, and local judicial and quasi-judicial functions.
- Apply the ethical standards adopted by State and Federal Courts, as well as professional organizations, to a variety of factual circumstances.
- Research the law with text and electronic resources.
- Identify the facts, issues, rules, analysis and conclusions (known as the FIRAC method) in reported case law.
- Apply the FIRAC method to hypothetical legal problems.
- Communicate legal conclusions to legal professionals.
- Describe the basic operation principles of software used in the legal profession
- Demonstrate the time and resource management required to meet multiple deadlines in several, simultaneous projects.
- Prepare pleadings, documents, and demonstrative exhibits used in the practice of law.
Learn about courses, credits, and certification details. For more information, explore the catalog.
Chart your path to success in Paralegal Studies. Discover courses and milestones in our catalog.
Careers in Paralegal Studies
Don't miss out on the opportunity to connect with our Career Services professionals. Schedule a session now to explore the comprehensive range of complimentary resources available for career planning and job preparation.
Seamless Transfer: Your Next Chapter Awaits
TCC is your launchpad to success. Our program ensures a smooth transition from TCC to your chosen university, helping you save on costs while pursuing quality education. Get ready to transfer your TCC credits and step confidently into your bright future.