Transfer to TCC
Join us at Tulsa Community College and let us help you complete your associate degree, pick up a couple of classes, or start a new career!
Transferring in and Evaluating Course Work
At Tulsa Community College, we welcome new students who seek to transfer college credits from other institutions. Transcripts from colleges or universities accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) will be given full value. Transcripts from degree-granting institutions accredited by organizations other than the HLC and recognized by the US Department of Education are subject to review and may transfer on a course-by-course basis. You should work closely with our Academic Advisement Office to ensure you understand the process thoroughly.
- Submit transcripts by mail, or electronically through a third-party vendor. (See Electronic Transcript Policy below for details)
- Degree-Seeking students will need to provide official transcripts within the first 9 hours of enrollment. (Financial aid will need all transcripts on file before aid will be awarded)
- Students who are applying for special admission to a program should send in all transcripts well in advance of the program application deadline.
Academic Status of Transfer Students
As a transfer student to TCC, you may face certain conditions or restrictions depending upon your academic standing from your previous institution. Here are specific conditions we apply to transfer students:
- Transfer work may change your academic standing to Academic Notice or Probation if your cumulative GPA is less than a 2.0, the student's academic standing will be changed to Academic Probation.
- If you are on Academic Probation, you must maintain a 2.0 GPA average in order to continue enrollment.
- If you are on disciplinary suspension or social probation from another institution will not be considered until the suspension or probation is removed by the enacting institution of the student.
Electronic Transcript Policy
Many high schools, colleges, and universities now have the ability to send transcripts electronically. TCC currently downloads submitted transcripts daily at 11 a.m. from the following vendors:
We will accept electronic transcripts from other vendors as official if the following criteria are met:
- The transcript is certified as official from the college or university using a third-party agency for the certification process. (i.e. Docufide, Avow, etc).
- The transcript is a PDF-certified document that has no indication of tampering.
- TCC must receive the transcript from an approved e-transcript service sent directly to email@example.com or another TCC employee email address.
- TCC will not accept electronically forwarded transcripts from other colleges or from the student.
- TCC has the right to refuse electronic transcripts or request additional information if there is a question about the authenticity of an electronic document.
- Processing of electronic transcripts can take up to 5 business days to be marked as received.
NOTE: Electronic transcripts that are not sent directly from the college or university third-party vendor to TCC will be considered unofficial.