Nursing Smart Start Orientation
Smart Start Orientation provides prospective Nursing students with a realistic view of competitive admission processes and the commitment required to be successful in the TCC Nursing program. Completion of the Nursing Smart Start Orientation is mandatory before you enroll for the upcoming semester or apply to the Nursing program.
At Nursing Smart Start you can expect to learn about the following:
- Essential functions in the registered nurse occupation
- Drug testing
- Academic and professional ethics
- Immunization requirements
- Clinical course completion
- Student support services at TCC such as academic advising, career services, academic support coaching, wellness services, etc.
The TCC Smart Start Orientation for Nursing Applicants is mandatory for anyone applying to the TCC Nursing Program. All students are welcome to attend, even if they are just interested in the Nursing program.
The Spring 2023 Nursing Smart Start sessions will be held in person. To attend, please register for one of the following sessions:
Metro Campus Session
Thomas K. McKeon Center for Creativity
Friday, March 3, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Southeast Campus Session
TCC Southeast Campus, Building 8
Wednesday, March 8, 4 – 6 p.m.
Contact Your Academic Advisor
If you have questions or concerns email your assigned academic advisor or email@example.com.
You can find your assigned academic advisor through Starfish:
- Log in to Starfish
- From My Success Network, click the triangle beside my name, then select Schedule Appointment
- Select the type of appointment, adjust the date range as needed to find days and times that work for your schedule, then select a time from the list
- Complete your sign-up by choosing your location (phone or virtual appointment) and add a description of why you want to meet
- Click confirm to finish scheduling the appointment