Faculty Corner for Testing Services
Faculty Corner provides faculty information on Testing Services.
21-22 Academic Year Faculty Options
1. On-Campus course proctoring services available at the Testing Centers:
- Workforce courses (nursing, engineering, EMT, etc).
- Students approved by AR for academic accommodations
- Make-up exams
- Online/Online Live courses
- Blended/hybrid or flex courses
How faculty request proctored on-campus exams:
- Please vary the day of the week you select for the test due dates and please do not select a Saturday or Sunday due date if students are required to come to campus.
- Please submit your test(s) in ProcessMaker ("Submit exam to Testing Center") at the beginning of the semester to allow adequate time to plan. Please be aware that we do not have interoffice testing materials. Additionally, email communications to students from test submissions are temporarily suspended.
- Note: All Testing Centers have camera monitoring. All Centers utilize software to monitor and control all of the computer testing stations.
2. Proctoring for tests using a remote service is available (instructions):
- Respondus Monitor and LockDown Browser (LDB) “locks” students onto a webpage, preventing them from navigating away (to look up answers to an exam, for example). Test sessions are recorded.
- No cost to students; View training resources, and written and video tutorials; There is a Chromebook extension and iPad option.
- Honorlock is an automated remote proctoring service that records test sessions and has a cost to the student of $10 per exam.
- ProctorU is a live remote proctoring service and the cost to the student varies by length of exam (average cost of $20 per exam).
3. Exam proctor alternatives that minimize opportunities for academic misconduct include:
- Multiple versions of tests/quizzes in Blackboard that also utilize Respondus LockDown or Respondus Monitor
- Open Book exam (short answer, essay, prose, or research paper)
- Performance-based (one-on-one, video-based oral exams)
- Portfolio or journal submission
- Lab reports and/or summative assessments
- Authentic Assessments
Questions? Other testing needs?
Please contact the Coordinator at one of the campus Testing Centers.
High Stakes Certification Testing offered (by campus)
Our Testing Centers are NCTA certified and we have contracts with a variety of testing companies to include:
Pearson Vue certifications (i.e. teaching certifications): Metro and Northeast Campus are Pearson Certified Testing sites
Certiport certifications (i.e. Adobe products, MOS, Quickbooks): Metro Campus is a testing site
CLEP by College Board: Northeast Campus is a testing site
Scantron certifications (i.e. primarily health related): Northeast Campus is a testing site
PSI pre-employment testing (i.e. for FBI, Homeland Security): Northeast Campus is a testing site
NCCT certifications (i.e. Phlebotomy, medical assisting and coding): Northeast Campus is a testing site
WorkKeys assessments: Northeast Campus is a testing site
If you have a need for high stakes testing, please contact us to discuss how we might can assist.