Course Enrollment and Withdrawal

Enrolling and Dropping from Classes

  • You may enroll in courses during the published dates in the Academic Calendar.
  • You have 1 week from the time you enroll to secure payment for classes.
    You have 24 hours to secure payment for your classes when enrolling after:
    • May 1 for the Summer Term
    • Aug 1 for the Fall Term
    • Jan 1 for the Spring term
  • You may drop classes before the drop deadline using the enrollment menu on MyTCC. Please use the enrollment guide on the student homepage or speak with an academic advisor if you have difficulty using the enrollment menu.

Withdrawing from Classes

After the (100% Refund) Drop Date period, students may withdraw from a class; however, no refund will be administered. To withdraw, students should understand the following requirements:

  • You may withdraw from a course on or before the published withdrawal date.
  • A "W" or "Withdrawal" grade will be awarded on your transcript for the courses from which you withdraw.
  • The "W" grade will not affect your academic GPA.
  • You may have financial aid repercussions for unsatisfactory academic progress and become ineligible for financial aid in the following semester.
  • For students using Veteran Education benefits or for students submitting a Military Leave of Absence withdrawal, please contact the Veteran’s Services Office representative before completing a withdrawal form.
  • To initiate the withdrawal process, follow the Steps to Withdraw.

Enrollment Help

TCC Application for Admission has been processed and you have received an email with login and password information (emails are sent throughout the day).

  1. Log on to MyTCC with your college-wide student ID number (ex. T123456789) and Password. (Password information is sent in the welcome email)
  2. Go to the My Account page
  3. Go to the Enrollment/Registration Tools box
  4. Follow these steps to successfully complete your enrollment
    1. Step 1: Select “Look up Classes by Subject and Enroll”
      ​You will then be at the Add Classes Worksheet. You can do a Class Search to select classes by subject or if you know the 5-digit Course Registration Number (CRN), you can add it directly to the worksheet.
    2. Step 2: Review your schedule
      Courses marked Registered Temporary indicate that enrollment is still pending successful payment arrangements. Courses marked Web Registered indicate that payment arrangements have been made successfully and you are enrolled in those courses.
    3. Step 3: Complete your enrollment
      Scroll to the bottom of the page. If no balance due is showing, then you have successfully enrolled in the courses marked web registered. If there is a balance due, you must make one of the following payment arrangements in order to finalize your enrollment: pay in full, enroll in a payment plan, present a third party payment contract to the Bursar’s office, or complete the financial aid application process and maintain satisfactory academic progress. Your temporary schedule will be held for 1 hour to allow you to make payment arrangements. Once you have made payment arrangements, your enrollment is complete.
  5. The User ID is the same as your current 8-digit Student ID/CWID except for a capital T is required before the ID
  6. For help, contact the Student Support Center

Steps to Withdraw

  1. Schedule an appointment with your assigned academic advisor.
  2. If you do not have an assigned advisor or if you cannot schedule an appointment prior to the withdrawal deadline, then please use drop-in advising services.
  3. If you cannot meet with an advisor before the deadline, email and request a withdrawal.
  4. After completing the instructions provided by the Academic Advisor, you will be contacted by a Financial Aid Specialist to discuss possible financial aid implications (if applicable).
  5. You will be notified when the withdrawal process is complete.

Course Audits

Regular Course Audit

You must complete the “Audit Contract” for each class being audited. both you and the appropriate instructor must sign the form and the request to audit must be completed prior to the close of the withdrawal period for the specific class. You may revert from audit to credit only during the schedule adjustment period for the specific course. You must adhere to the instructor’s class attendance and participation requirements. If you do not adhere to the instructor’s requirements, you may be withdrawn by the instructor for non-attendance. A grade of AU (audit) does not count in hours attempted or earned. Audited courses will not apply toward graduation requirements, or for financial aid or veteran’s benefits.

Audit for Oklahoma Residents Who Are 65 Years or Older and Desire a Tuition Waiver

The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education approved a policy authorizing institutions of the State System to waive the fees for Oklahoma residents who are 65 years of age, or older, for auditing of academic courses — contingent upon space being available in the classrooms and laboratories housing such courses. Information relative to this program is as follows:

  1. Enrollment is open on a space-available basis on the date the class begins. People will be allowed to enroll at TCC under this plan only after the regular enrollment period preceding each semester and at times designated by the College. Enrollment is allowed only if the normal class limit has not been met. No class overloads will be allowed. Students must meet any proficiency requirements or prerequisites prior to enrollment.
  2. Students must meet Oklahoma residency requirements as defined by the Oklahoma State Regents, be age 65 or older, and must verify both residency and age (i.e., by presenting a valid birth certificate, driver’s license, etc.).
  3. A maximum of seven semester credit hours per regular semester and four semester credit hours in a summer term is allowed under this policy. If a student wishes to enroll in more than the maximum credit hours allowed, he/she must pay the regular fees for hours beyond the maximum.
  4. Since the audit is mandatory under the fee waiver, the Director of Academic Advising signature will authorize the audit status in lieu of other College officials.