Tulsa Community College is closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak as well as guidance set forth by the CDC, the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Tulsa Health Department. We will be making a decision in the coming weeks about Commencement celebrations. Information will be posted here as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. If you have questions, please send them to email@example.com.
Graduation is almost here. Are you ready?
Sure, you’ve completed almost all your coursework and filed all the necessary documents, but there’s still a few things to take care of before you’re ready to walk. Don't forget to pick up your free cap and gown and order announcements to send to your supporters.
When and Where
Commencement is held in the Pavilion at Expo Square, 4145 East 21st Street, Tulsa, OK 74114. You may park anywhere on the Expo Square grounds. Entrance will be though the south and west doors of the Pavilion.
Spring 2020 Commencement — Saturday, May 9, 2020
Schools participating in the 5 p.m. ceremony — doors open at 4 p.m., graduates should arrive at 4 p.m.
- School of Business and Information Technology
- School of Liberal Arts and Communications
- School of Visual and Performing Arts
Schools participating in the 7:30 p.m. ceremony — doors open at 7 p.m., graduates should arrive at 7 p.m.
- School of Allied Health
- School of Science and Mathematics
- School of Engineering, Aviation, and Public Service
- School of Nursing
Fall 2020 Commencement — Friday, Dec. 11, 2020 (tentative date)
Ceremony time TBD.
Spring 2021 Commencement — Friday, May 14, 2021 (tentative date)
Ceremony time TBD.
If you receive a letter or email inviting you to attend both Spring 2020 ceremonies, Please choose one ceremony, there is no need to attend both.
If you wish to participate in the commencement ceremony, please note these important details:
What to Wear
- All graduates must wear academic regalia, which consists of cap, gown, and stoles/cords (if applicable) for the Commencement ceremony.
- TCC allows for decorating the lid of the mortar board (cap lid) as long as the rules in the Student Handbook are followed. (Keep it clean. No profanity, nudity or rude comments.)
- Dress comfortably. The event will be a combination of standing and sitting, so make sure you’re dressed comfortably enough for both. Keep in mind that any items you bring in will have to go with you into the ceremony. Just keep in mind that with whatever you choose to wear, these photos will be around for a while, so choose something you won’t mind seeing a few years down the road.
- Practice wearing your cap prior to the big day with your chosen hairstyle. You may need hair pins to help secure the cap to your hair.
- Tassels are worn on the right side of the cap before the ceremony and then moved from right to left when directed by the graduation speaker.
Cap and Gown
Pick up your cap and gown at the TCC Campus Store on your primary campus, starting April 15 for the Spring 2020 ceremony. The cap and gown is provided at no charge to each graduate.
Consider passing the torch of learning by supporting Project Graduation. You can bring a book or support our TCC Fuel Pantries with a non-perishable food or hygiene item. These items can be brought to the TCC Campus Store when collecting your cap and gown. Thank you for paying it forward to a fellow TCC student!
Commencement Participation Instructions
Graduation candidates may line up individually or with fellow program graduates. If you file for December graduation, your name will appear in the December Commencement program only.
To request accommodations for disabilities, call (918) 595-7115, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for communication accommodations such as interpreters, text (918) 809-1864 or email email@example.com. The commencement ceremony will include interpreters located on the east side of the Pavilion. Accessibility Resources staff will be available to assist graduates, family, and friends prior to the ceremony.
At the Commencement ceremony, TCC has professional photographers who will be taking photos of all candidates. The company, Ervin Photography, will have commencement photos available for student purchase. At the ceremony, students are given a name and contact card at the registration table where you can supply your contact information for photo proofs. The card is also used to announce your name and degree when receiving your diploma cover. There is no obligation to purchase any photos, but please make sure you fill out the name card.
Students will not receive their diploma for the degree or certificate at the Commencement Ceremony. Diplomas for summer, fall, and spring graduates are mailed directly to the students after ALL coursework requirements for your degree or certificate are completed successfully. Diplomas are mailed to the address listed on MyTCC usually eight weeks after the end of the semester. You will receive a diploma cover at the Commencement Ceremony. Make sure your mailing address and email is up to date on MyTCC.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with graduation-related questions.