Students: The Grants Office supports institutional grants; if you are a student seeking grant money or scholarships for college, please visit the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office or call (918) 595-2010.
The Grants Office includes the Offices of Sponsored Programs and Grant Compliance and Accounting. Each has a unique function, staff, and reporting structure. Combined, the grants office helps ensure public funding successfully completes the lifecycle of a grant.
The Offices of Sponsored Programs and Grant Accounting support TCC by strategically securing public funding for programs and initiatives to maximize student success, professional development, and community engagement. The two departments also serve as stewards of existing grants by promoting sound fiscal and program management and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations and institutional policies and procedures.
TCC’s Offices of Sponsored Programs and Grant Accounting will enhance student success, professional development, and community engagement through increased grant funding, collaborative partnerships, fiscal integrity and compliance, and best practices in grant development and administration.
Integrity, Collaboration, Quality, Reliability, Creativity, and Adaptability
Grants Guide: Processes and Procedures
For more information regarding Grant Development and Grant Management procedures, please review the
- TCC Grants Guide
- Grants Brochure
- Financial Disclosure Policy
- Financial Disclosure Form
- Blue Book (Current Funding and Future Opportunities)
- Researches funding sources
- Facilitates program development
- Develops proposals, including forming the grant writing team
- Reviews and/or edits final proposals
- Manages the approval and review process for all grant-related documents
- Coordinates the final submission of all public grant applications
- Assists during program implementation, including contract review and approval
- Provides training and technical assistance to faculty and staff
- Ensures fiscal compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations, including Office of Management and Budget Uniform Grant Guidance, funding agency regulations, and specific grant program regulations
- Oversees post-award processing of grants
- Establishes new grant accounts and monitors grant budgets
- Invoices sponsoring agency
- Communicates with H.R. regarding staffing adjustments based on funded proposal
- Monitors time and effort reporting and reconciliation
- Submits quarterly, annual, and final financial reports
- Offers orientations for new grant employees, including Banner training workshops held twice a year
TCC also serves as the fiscal agent for the Tulsa Area Workforce Development Board with two dedicated staff supervised by the Grant Accounting director.
Grants Accounting and Sponsored Programs share an office. While anyone in the office can direct you to the appropriate person to answer your questions, in general, pre-award questions should be directed to Sponsored Programs and post-award questions should be directed to Grant Accounting. In addition, two staff members specifically support TCC’s role as fiscal agent for the Tulsa Area Workforce Development Board.
6111 E. Skelly Dr, Suite 214
Tulsa, OK 74135
Sponsored Programs Staff
Barbara Waxman, Director of Sponsored Programs
Jeff Brown, Assistant Director of Sponsored Programs
Grant Accounting Staff
Linda Smith, Director of Grant Compliance and Accounting
Shelby Go, Accountant I
Rebecca McCormick, Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Compliance Coordinator
Ashley Walls, WIOA Accountant