TCC Design Institute
TCC Design Institute
Facilitated by the Engaged Learning Instructional Design Team
Course design is the key to creating significant learning opportunities and rich, active classroom environments which support meaningful student learning. You are invited to participate in a unique and inspiring professional learning experience designed specifically for TCC faculty to guide you in bringing significant learning into your courses.
The Design Institute is an immersive, five-day, hands-on seminar that provides you the opportunity to experience the iterative, dynamic, and scholarly process of learner-focused course design.
During the Design Institute, you will consider new possibilities and common challenges, such as why some students are motivated while others are not, how you know students are learning, and what significant learning looks like. You will be inspired and equipped to make incremental changes to your course that will, in fact, change your students' lives.
The work in the Design Institute applies to all learning environments - on-campus, blended, or online.
What Will You Take Away from the Institute?
- Evaluate strategies associated with positive learning outcomes for use in your course.
- Design a course that includes activities and assessments that support your course outcomes.
- Recognize how and why certain aspects of learning environments impact student motivation.
- Feel supported, successful, and excited about teaching.
What Will You Be Doing Each Day?
The days will pass quickly. Each day you will participate in activities, have individual work time, and engage in peer sharing. Your participation can help you become the teacher you dream of being, a teacher who creates truly transformative learning experiences for students.
All complete applications will be placed in a lottery for the open seats.
Details You May Be Interested in:
August 2019 Design Institute
Time: 9:00am - 5:00 pm (each day)
Location: Conference Center, 8th Floor
At this time, Design Institute is only available to full-time faculty.
Faculty will receive a $750 stipend paid out in two separate checks: one upon completion of the Institute, and the other at the end of the following semester, after the completion of all required components.
Full attendance of each session is necessary.
- August, 2019 - Design Institute
- Fall, 2019 - Prepare course for Spring offering
- Spring, 2020 - Teach Course
- Spring, 2020 - Consultation meeting with a course facilitator
- Spring, 2020 - Participate in the Teaching and Learning Showcase
- April, 2020 - Notice of requirement completion details due to email@example.com by the end of the month
- May, 2020 - Stipend payout
For more information, please email the Engaged Learning Instructional Design Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org