Faculty Development Calendar
Faculty Development Workshops
Engaged Learning faculty development workshops are posted in the TCC Today and the Employee Training Portal (Percipio). Below are instructions on how to find "Engaged Learning" workshops via TCC Today and the Employee Training Portal (Percipio).
- Log into MyTCC with your credentials
- Click on the "TCC Today" icon under "Staff & Faculty News"
- You may have to sign in with your credentials again
- Click on the "Engaged Learning" (use scroll bar to see all workshop options)
- Select your desired workshop
- Register for the session using the link provided in the workshop description
Employee Training Portal (Percipio):
- Select "Employee Training Portal (Percipio) from Quick Links
- Login with your MyTCC credentials
- Click on the "Library" dropdown menu
- Select "TCC Live Courses (Instructor Led Training)"
- Select "Explore TCC Live Courses"
- Click on the TCC Engaged Learning TCC Faculty icon
- Select the training workshop
- Register for your session
Additionally, the resources below are permanently available.
Accessibility Fundamentals Workshop
The Accessibility Fundamentals workshop focuses on how disabilities can limit access to electronic instructional materials, and what you can do to make your course content as accessible as possible for the greatest number of learners. The materials are licensed from Blackboard. This workshop is self-paced and fully online.
Starfish Early Alert: Faculty Guide
Starfish is the student tracking module that allows faculty to raise flags for students who may be having difficulty in class due to academic or personal challenges and for students who are doing well to send a note of encouragement. Retention of students is a priority for the college and aligns with the strategic plan and mission. All faculty are encouraged to use Starfish each semester.
Follow the steps below to enroll in the Blackboard Starfish organization and complete the 15-minute course.
- Login to MyTCC, go to Blackboard
- Click on the Organization tab
- Search for Starfish. Click the chevron next to in the Organization Id column
- Click the Enroll link
- Click Submit and then click OK and you will enter the organization site
- Review the documents section and watch each video
- Complete and submit the survey
- Once complete, you are ready to use Starfish Early Alert