Faculty Development Calendar
Faculty development workshops for spring 2020 and beyond
Engaged Learning faculty development workshops for spring 2020 and beyond are posted here. Additionally, the resources below are permanently available.
Accessibility Fundamentals Workshop
The Accessibility Fundamentals workshop focuses on how disabilities can limit access to electronic instructional materials, and what you can do to make your course content as accessible as possible for the greatest number of learners. The materials are licensed from Blackboard. This workshop is self-paced and fully online.
Starfish Early Alert: Faculty Guide
Starfish is the student tracking module that allows faculty to raise flags for students who may be having difficulty in class due to academic or personal challenges and for students who are doing well to send a note of encouragement. Retention of students is a priority for the college and aligns with the strategic plan and mission. All faculty are encouraged to use Starfish each semester.
Follow the steps below to enroll in the Blackboard Starfish organization and complete the 15-minute course.
- Login to MyTCC, go to Blackboard
- Click on the Organization tab
- Search for Starfish. Click the chevron next to in the Organization Id column
- Click the Enroll link
- Click Submit and then click OK and you will enter the organization site
- Review the documents section and watch each video
- Complete and submit the survey
- Once complete, you are ready to use Starfish Early Alert
Need Assistance? Contact a trainer:
Kelly Brasfield: email@example.com, x8949
Katie Kennemer: firstname.lastname@example.org, x7197
Dusty Bailey: email@example.com, x8685
Laura Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org, x8167
Kelly David: email@example.com, x7107