EDGE: Earn a Degree, Graduate Early
Earn an associate degree at no cost.
The Earn a Degree, Graduate Early (EDGE) Program gives you the opportunity to graduate high school with both an associate degree and a high school diploma, free of charge. Upon graduation, you will be well on your way to a bachelor’s degree two years ahead of your peers.
Be the first in your family to earn a college degree! Attend a preparatory high school year, get intensive advising and tutoring, and start college courses in the 10th grade. Students are immersed in college life and attend courses taught by TCC faculty.
All 8th grade students in partnering school districts are invited to apply to the EDGE: Earn a Degree, Graduate Early Program. Contact your 8th grade principal for details.
For details on the EDGE: Earn a Degree, Graduate Early Program, contact your eighth grade school principal or the TCC Dual Credit program office at email@example.com, (918) 595-4705 or join our virtual office.
College Admission and Enrollment Steps
- Apply for E.D.G.E. through your school district in the eighth grade.
- Apply for E.D.G.E. – Tulsa Public Schools: McLain
- Apply for E.D.G.E. – Tulsa Public Schools: Memorial
- Apply for E.D.G.E. – Union Public Schools
- Apply for E.D.G.E. – Broken Arrow Public Schools
- Apply for E.D.G.E. – Sand Springs Public Schools
- Apply for E.D.G.E. – KIPP: Tulsa Public Charter School (Link Coming Soon)
- If selected, complete the preparatory curriculum in the ninth grade.
Step 1. Go to your high school
- Ask for your “unofficial” high school transcript (electronic version) and your schedule availability to attend college courses (days/times)
- Check your eligibility
- Ask your counselor or firstname.lastname@example.org for the reserved courses for high school students (600 sections)
Step 2. Gather documents
- Locate your social security number
- Save your “unofficial” high school transcript as a PDF on your computer
- Save any test score sheets (ACT, SAT, PSAT10, PSAT-NMSQ, pre-ACT) as a PDF on your computer
Step 3. Complete the TCC online college admission application
- Upload your high school transcript and any test score sheets into the online admission form.
- Declare a major (if you are unsure, begin with Liberal Arts/General Education. You can always change this later).
- Provide an email address that you check often. TCC will contact you at this address with next steps.
- If you are notified that you do not meet admission eligibility, you may take an on-campus/residual ACT once you receive your T#.
- If you are notified that you are admitted, you may now check enrollment eligibility.
After applying to TCC and being admitted you are ready to enroll in classes.
All credits earned through the EDGE: Earn a Degree, Graduate Early Program are transferable to Oklahoma public colleges and universities, and private and regional institutions. Verify course requirements with your transfer institution. Our University Transfer page provides a great tool for you to map out your academic journey.
This program is free to all qualifying students. Tuition, textbooks, transportation and other fees are covered by TCC and partnering school districts.