File for Graduation
Students seeking a certificate or a degree should prepare for graduation as follows:
- Final official transcripts from all schools attended must be on file at TCC before an official degree plan can be prepared.
- Students are expected to file for graduation in the Academic Advising office during the semester in which they will meet all graduation requirements.
- Students admitted to the Honors Scholar program should also complete a graduation check in the Honors Office at the beginning of their final fall or spring term.
- While students are filing for graduation, they will be advised of any outstanding requirements they must complete by the end of the semester.
- All declared candidates will be contacted by the Enrollment Services Office and the College graduation marshal with information about the graduation.
- Once grades are recorded for the final term of enrollment, a final review will take place and students will be contacted as to their status.
- Degree notes are recorded on the graduate’s TCC transcript, and diplomas and certificates of completion are issued by the Student Completion Center.
Formal commencement will be scheduled at the end of the spring semester of each academic year.
Students meeting requirements at the end of any semester in that academic year should arrange to participate in the graduation ceremonies unless a written request for graduation in absentia is received and approved by the Dean of Student Services of his/her resident campus.
- Fall — last Friday in October
- Spring — last Friday in March
- Summer — second Friday in July (if you plan on graduating in the Summer you may file for graduation by the Spring deadline and then participate in TCC's annual commencement ceremony in May.)
Refer to the Academic Calendar for deadline dates per semester.