Resident Classification: Are You Eligible for In-State Tuition Rates?

Discover if you qualify for in-state tuition rates at TCC. Learn about guidelines, dependent residence, other options, and tuition rate differences.

Hello there! Let's jump into a topic that's pretty important—your tuition classification. Our goal is to help you understand how tuition costs can differ between in-state and out-of-state students. Ready? Let's explore the criteria that determine your residency status.

Guidelines for In-State Tuition

To be eligible for in-state tuition rates, you'll need to meet the criteria set by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. If you believe you qualify for in-state status and would like to initiate the process, you have the option to petition for residency using the Petition for Resident Tuition Form.

Additionally, TCC offers a non-resident tuition waiver for eligible out-of-state students.

Dependent Residence

If you're someone's dependent, here's the scoop: your parents or guardians should have been living in Oklahoma for at least 12 months before your enrollment, and they plan to continue making this state their home.

Other Classification Options

We understand that everyone's situation is unique. There are alternative paths to in-state tuition too. Military personnel, spouses, dependents—all have options. And here's something neat: if you're a permanent resident and have been living in Oklahoma for a year or more, you might also be eligible.

Understanding Tuition Rates

This resource provides an overview of the criteria for determining in-state and out-of-state tuition rates. Remember, accurately establishing your tuition classification is vital for understanding your financial obligations as a student. To grasp these differences more clearly, review the breakdown of tuition costs.

Contact Us

Have questions or need to discuss your classification? Feel free to reach out to the Admission & Prospective Student Services Office at or give us a call at 918-595-8000.