Do you qualify for in-state or out-of-state tuition?
There is a difference in tuition costs between an in-state student and an out-of-state student. Therefore, it's important to be sure of your status. See the tuition cost differences.
Students who qualify for in-state tuition must meet guidelines as defined by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE Policy and Procedures Manual: Academic Affairs, 3.18 In-state/out-of-state Status of Enrolled Students).
- As a dependent, the parents or guardians have an established residence in Oklahoma at least 12 months prior to enrollment and intend to remain in the state.
- Other classification options may be available for military personnel or spouses and dependents.
- A person holding permanent-resident status, who has resided in Oklahoma for at least 12 months may be eligible.
Contact the Admission & Prospective Student Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 918-595-8000 with questions or to petition resident classification.
Petition for Resident Tuition Form
Non-Resident Tuition Waiver
TCC offers an out-of-state tuition waiver for up to 12 credit hours allowing eligible students to pay only in-state tuition and fee costs. The categories of non-resident waivers that are now available include:
- Special academic programs
- Extraordinary talent or academic performance
- Students who reside or work in Oklahoma
- Students with hardship and special circumstances
Apply as early as possible, because the number of available awards is limited.
Deadlines for Non-Resident Tuition Waiver:
- Fall: priority deadline is July 1
- Spring: priority deadline is Nov. 1 and reserved for first-time TCC students
Non-Resident Tuition Waiver Form
Contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com or 918-595-2000 with questions about the Non-Resident Tuition Waiver.