There is a difference in tuition costs between an in-state student and out-of-state student. Therefore, it's important to be sure of your status.
Students who qualify for in-state tuition must meet guidelines as defined by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education.
- As a dependent, the parents or guardians have an established residence in Oklahoma at least 12 months prior to enrollment and intend to remain in the state.
- Other classification options may be available for military personnel or spouses and dependents. Contact the Enrollment Services Office for details.
- A person holding permanent-resident status, who has resided in Oklahoma for at least 12 months may be eligible.
Contact the Enrollment Services Office on any campus with questions or to petition resident classification.
Non-Resident Tuition Waiver
TCC offers an out-of-state tuition waiver for up to 12 credit hours allowing eligible students to pay only in-state tuition and fee costs. The categories of non-resident waivers that are now available include:
- Special academic programs
- Extraordinary talent or academic performance
- Students who reside or work in Oklahoma
- Students with hardship and special circumstances
Apply as early as possible, because the number of available awards is limited.
Deadlines for Non-Resident Tuition Waiver are:
- Fall: priority deadline is July 1
- Spring: priority deadline is Nov. 1 and reserved for first-time TCC students