Apply for Financial Aid
To apply for federal student aid you need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Be sure to use TCC’s federal school code 009763. Completing the FAFSA is free and gives you access to federal, state, and institutional funding.
Here is an instructional video that can help you understand how to fill out your FAFSA:
Free FAFSA Workshops
These workshops are scheduled to help students and parents complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All students and parents are welcome to attend, regardless of their college choice.
Getting Started with Financial Aid
- Apply for Admission to TCC - To receive federal student aid, you must be admitted to TCC as a degree-seeking student and provide all necessary transcripts. Admissions application for the following academic school year becomes available after September.
- High School Completion - Federal regulations require all students applying for financial aid to provide TCC with their final high school transcript or documentation certifying their GED or home school credential.
- Transfer Students - You must submit all official final academic transcripts from each college or university attended. If you are currently attending another college or university, have the official academic transcript sent at the end of the term once all grades for classes are listed.
- Complete the FAFSA - Enter TCC’s federal school code (009763) as a school that will receive the results of your FAFSA. Allow at least two weeks for your application to be sent to TCC. You may complete the FAFSA any time after October 1st. Funding for some grant programs is limited. For your best opportunity to receive grant aid, complete the FAFSA no later than February 1st.
- Visit Academic Advising to choose the degree and major you will seek. To receive financial aid, you must seek an Associate of Arts (A.A.), an Associate of Science (A.S.), or an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree or one of the Certificate programs that are approved for financial aid. If you are undecided about which degree program is right for you, you can get help from an Academic Advisor at any TCC campus. Make an appointment with an Academic Advisor soon after receiving your admittance notice.
- Review your MyTCC account - Inside the MyTCC portal, you will have access to your TCC email account and the MyTCC Financial Aid Dashboard where you will find important information about your financial aid. Visit your MyTCC Financial Aid Dashboard after mid-February to check for additional requirements or documentation requests. Be sure to check your email account and Financial Aid Dashboard regularly for missing documents, status changes, and other useful information. This is the primary way you will receive notices from the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office.
- Research Scholarship Opportunities - Review TCC scholarship opportunities and complete the TCC Foundation Scholarship Application. Scholarship opportunities for the following academic school year become available in October. Scholarship opportunities for the following academic school year become available in October.
- View your financial aid offers - Financial aid offers, including student loan offers, will go out in April. You can view, accept, and decline your award offers on your MyTCC Financial Aid Dashboard. Learn more about the types of aid offered at TCC.
- Scholarships and Grants - Financial aid funds that you do not have to pay back.
- Federal Work-Study - Allows you to work and earn money for school expenses.
- Student Loans - A student loan is borrowed money that must be repaid with interest. If you accept a student loan offer, you must complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) before you can receive loan funds. Both requirements can be completed on your MyTCC Financial Aid Dashboard after you accept a student loan offer.
- Select your BankMobile refund preference - Any financial aid funds left after your tuition and fees are paid are sent to you as a refund. TCC has partnered with BankMobile to deliver your financial aid refund. Sign up for e-refunds through BankMobile to ensure that your refund gets to you as quickly as possible. Learn more about refunds.