Are you looking for an opportunity to be a key part of a health care team to meet the oral health needs of patients and thereby improve their quality of life? Our Dental Hygiene program offers you extraordinary clinical and academic opportunities in preventive oral healthcare and the promotion of good health.
Our Dental Hygiene Program admits a new class of 14 students yearly to begin in August at the Metro Campus.
Dental Hygiene Program courses:
- Only offered in a specified pattern
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m-5 p.m.
- Some evening and weekends are required
View the Professional Licensure Disclosure for this program.
View University Transfer Information.
- The following Dental Hygiene Program prerequisite course does not transfer to another institution:
- BIOL 1324 Basic Microbiology
Apply to Program
The applicant pool for programs in the School of Allied Health are very competitive. Application does not mean acceptance into the Allied Health program. Applicants are required to meet with a School of Allied Health advisor before they apply to a program and may be required to attend an orientation for the School of Allied Health. All application correspondence from the School of Allied Health will be through your TCC email.
- Apply to TCC
- Submit all official high school and college transcripts
- Submit ACT Scores
- Submit the TOEFL Requirements, if applicable
- Contact a School of Allied Health Academic Advisor
- Complete the Dental Experience Verification
- Review the Estimated Cost of Program
- Apply to Program
National Board Program Pass Rates
Upon completion of Allied Health programs, students are eligible to take the national licensure exams. TCC's students consistently perform above the national averages.
- Dental Hygiene 100%
Workforce Development Degree Information
Workforce development degree and certificate programs are designed to prepare students for direct entry into the workforce. They may advance students within their current career positions or open doors to new career opportunities. Coursework may apply towards a degree at a four-year university; check with an advisor for further information. The number of hours that apply to a degree will vary from one university to another.