Types of Aid

The first question you may ask yourself as you begin your journey toward a college degree is “how am I going to pay for my education?” There are many types of financial aid available to support you along the way.

The types and amounts of aid awarded are determined by financial need, availability of funds, student classification, and academic performance.

Federal Requirements

The Higher Education Act of 1965 established the rules under which all federal aid is administered. As amended, the Higher Education Act requires that each recipient of funds under the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Federal Work-Study, Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant, direct subsidized loans or direct unsubsidized loans, or PLUS programs maintain satisfactory progress in his/her course of study. The financial aid policy does not prevent a recipient from continuing to enroll as a student or receiving other types of financial aid.

According to the guidelines set forth by the Department of Education, students who start college for the first time after July 1, 2012, must have a high school diploma or an official equivalent to a high school diploma, such as a GED certificate, in order to receive financial aid at the institution that he/she is attending. You will need to submit official, final high school transcripts as proof of graduation from high school to any TCC Enrollment Services office. If you completed high school through a homeschool setting, you must submit official transcripts with your graduation date, as well as ACT scores (either national or residual scores.)

You must be enrolled in an eligible program of study at TCC to be considered eligible to receive Federal Student Aid (FSA) funds. Someone is considered a regular student when they are enrolled or accepted for enrollment at TCC for the purpose of obtaining a degree or certificate offered by TCC.