OPEN PATHWAY 10-YEAR ACCREDITATION CYCLE
YEARS 1-3: Prepare Assurance Filing
The institution gathers documents for their Evidence File and writes Assurance Argument.
YEAR 4: Assurance Review (no site visit)
• The institution submits an Assurance Argument with a team of HLC peer reviewers conducting an evaluation without a site visit.
• TCC’s Year 4 review was waived for this cycle, as HLC was transitioning to this new model of accreditation during that year.
YEARS 5-9: Complete Quality Initiative / Prepare For Comprehensive Evaluation
• The College completes a Quality Initiative designed to suit its present concerns or aspirations.
• TCC is fulfilling the Quality Initiative requirement for this cycle by completing a project in HLC’s Academy for Persistence and Completion that focuses on a new entry-level placement process for students.
Prepare for Comprehensive Evaluation:
• The institution gathers documents for the Evidence File, completes the Federal Compliance documents, and writes the Assurance Argument.
YEAR 10: Assurance Review and Comprehensive Evaluation (with site visit)
• HLC conducts a comprehensive evaluation, including a Federal Compliance Review, a Student Opinion Survey, and a site visit, to confirm that the institution continues to meet the Criteria for Accreditation, is pursuing institutional improvement, and complies with requirements set by the U.S. Department of Education.
• TCC’s site visit is scheduled for September 24-25, 2018 and will involve the peer reviewers interviewing various stakeholders at the institution.