TCC Wellness Services offers up to 5 free and confidential mental health counseling sessions with a Licensed Professional Counselor as well as connection to community resources. Services are for currently enrolled TCC students and by appointment only. Sessions are primarily offered via Zoom but in-person options are available too when preferred.
Please note counseling services at TCC are for non-emergency situations. Should you be in a crisis, please utilize one of the following 24/7 options:
- TCC Police: 918-595-8888 (if on campus or 911 for off campus emergencies).
- COPES: 918-744-4800
- Crisis Text Line: text ‘RELIEF’ to 741741 / Envia “RELIEF” al 741741
- The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is available 24/7 by calling 988
Need help with services or to set up an appointment, please contact:
Chad Mikell, MS, LPC
LPC for Wellness Services
Have you ever wondered what its like to talk to a counselor? During “Let’s Talk” hours, students can meet with TCC's counselor for a private, 5-10 minute, virtual conversation to receive guidance, ask questions or get information about counseling services.
“Let’s Talk” Hours:
All students will be seen on a first come basis. “Let’s Talk” soon!
Let's Talk FAQs
Do students schedule appointments for “Let’s Talk”?
No. Students are seen on a first-come, first-served basis. There may be a wait of 5-10 minutes if the counselor is currently meeting with a student, but every effort will be made to serve all students who wish to be seen that day.
How is “Let’s Talk” different than seeing a counselor?
“Let’s Talk” is not formal counseling. It is a drop-in service via Zoom where students can have an informal consultation with TCC’s licensed professional counselor. The counselor will talk through issues with students and help determine the best way to assist them. If a student feels comfortable with the counselor and would like to schedule a counseling appointment, that can be scheduled during your drop-in session.
Who might benefit from “Let’s Talk”?
“Let’s Talk” is often the best fit for those students who:
- Are not sure about counseling and wonder what it’s like to talk with a counselor.
- Are not interested in on-going counseling but would like to get a counselor’s perspective.
- Have a specific problem and would like someone with whom to talk it through.
- Have a concern about a friend and want some guidance on what to do.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to TCC’s licensed professional counselor, Chad Mikell, at email@example.com or by phone at 918-595-7569.