Departmental - Challenge Exams
Current or previously enrolled students who feel they are qualified for advanced standing credit by examination in a discipline not offered through the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) may attempt to establish credit through a departmental challenge exam.
These challenge exams are created by TCC faculty and are intended to measure competence comparable to what is required in the course at TCC. A score equivalent to a grade of "C" shall be the minimum to achieve credit.
Contact any of our testing centers to learn what challenge exams are currently available.
Credit for the Exam
- The student must be a current (admitted, eligible to enroll) or former TCC student; however, the student cannot be enrolled in the same course that he/she is testing, unless during the drop/add period.
- Credit earned through departmental exams does not count in the number of hours enrolled during the semester of the exam; nor will it count toward the academic GPA.
- Credit will be awarded as a grade of "S" if the student passes the exam. No grade is recorded if the student fails the exam.
- Once the exam is given to the student, whether passed or failed, there is no refund of fees.
$5 per credit hour
Registration & Testing Sites
- Contact any of the four testing center locations to complete the request form, make your payment and schedule an appointment to test.
- There is a 3 month waiting period to retake any exam.
- You are required to present a photo ID (i.e. driver's license, TCC student ID card) in order to test; no exceptions.
Contact testing staff at email@example.com or at 918-595-7693 with any questions.