Professional Development & Certifications
If you work in a field where college degrees are not required or available, earning a professional certificate may be the only credential that can prove your qualification. We work with Tulsa Community College academic departments and industry leaders to provide professional certificates for today's most in-demand fields. Our courses are designed to strengthen and enhance a person's ability to perform a job or task. Professional certifications may not be mandatory, but becoming certified increases your value as an employee and can significantly improve your chances of growing in your profession, getting a raise, or taking on new opportunities.
If you are a senior or TCC employee, your course may be eligible for a 10% discount. Discounts can only be applied with registration over the phone. To schedule a time to redeem the discount, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MyCAA for Military Spouses
If you are a military spouse, you may be eligible for financial assistance from MyCAA. Click the link to read about eligibility guidelines.
Accounting - Intuit Bookkeeping
Whether you are starting out or looking for a career change, the Intuit Bookkeeping Professional Certificate prepares you for a variety of jobs in public accounting, private industry, government, and non-profit organizations.
You’ll gain a foundational understanding of accounting principles and an introduction to QuickBooks Online through hands-on practice working with real-world accounting scenarios. Upon completion, you’ll be ready to take the Intuit Certified Bookkeeping Professional exam and will be qualified to apply for a position as a bookkeeper at Intuit QuickBooks Live or anywhere in the field. At about 5 hours per week, you can complete the certificate in less than 4 months.
Related Job Role
What You Will Learn
- Build a foundation of basic bookkeeping concepts and accounting measurement.
- Practice interpreting and analyzing financial statements to make key business decisions.
- Learn how to work through the various phases of the accounting cycle to produce key financial statements.
- Define accounting and the concepts of accounting measurement
Applied Learning and Tools
In this Professional Certificate, you will dive deep into realistic customer scenarios to apply your knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting. You’ll get to review and reconcile accounts, record business transactions, and balance books to produce key financial statements for a variety of business types.
This program also prepares you for the Intuit Bookkeeping Certification exam. The certification will provide you with foundational skills to prepare you to work as a remote QuickBooks Live bookkeeper for Intuit.
Cannabis Industry Certificates
Programs To Thrive In The Cannabis Industry
All Programs 8 weeks | 100% Online | $750 ea
Manufacturing. Cultivation. Retail.
The cannabis industry is creating thousands of exciting career opportunities yet a significant shortage of qualified professionals exists. Now you can gain the job skills you need to succeed in this fast-evolving industry.
Advanced Manufacturing Agent Certificate
Students will study a range of topics, including: the business of cannabis extraction, product development, formulation and plant ensemble, extraction processes and principles, product safety, packaging and labeling, pest control, product testing, storage and more.
Advanced Dispensary Associate Certificate
Students will study a range of topics, including: the history and botany of the cannabis plant, cannabinoids, terpenes, and the Endocannabinoid System, as well as health and safety training, best security procedures, inventory tracking, the importance of documentation and record-keeping, and product safety.
Advanced Cultivation Technician Certificate
Students will study a range of topics, including: the business of cannabis cultivation, botany and genetics of the cannabis plant, seeds, germination, cloning, light sources, pests, disease and threat management, irrigation, product safety, packaging and labeling, storage, and more.
Completing this cannabis certificate program gives you exclusive access to view open industry positions through the Employer Network
What can I do with a Cannabis Business Specialist certificate in the workforce?
Regardless of certificate pathway, the program will prepare you for a variety of entry-level roles in the medical cannabis industry. Annual salaries range from $29,000 - $68,000 (Fortune.com).
What are the starting dates for the program?
Each cannabis certificate is self-paced. You can register and begin the courses at any time. You'll have eight weeks to complete the program starting from the date you register.
How long does the program take to complete?
The program can be completed in eight weeks.
How much time should I expect to devote to the program?
Students should expect to dedicate around 6 hours per week to complete coursework in this program.
Are scholarships or financial aid available for the program?
The program is currently not eligible for federal aid.
What Does A Court Reporter Do?
Court Reporters type word-for-word transcriptions at trials, depositions, and other legal proceedings.
Where Do Court Reporters Work?
Most work in courts or legislatures. Some work from home or a central office to provide broadcast captioning for television stations or for individuals who are hard of hearing.
What Are My Job Prospects As A Court Reporter?
Court reporting is a fantastic career with amazing earning potential and many opportunities to work as much or as little as fits your schedule. With a Court Reporting Certificate, you will be qualified for positions that include official court reporter, freelance court reporter, closed captioner, and CART (Communication Access Realtime Translation) provider. Starting salaries begin at approximately $59,090/year1 nationally. Employment for court reporters is expected to grow 7 percent from 2018 - 2028, faster than the average for all occupations.
Source: LightcastTM, accessed [September 01, 2022].
Book reimbursement, equipment loans, and tuition assistance scholarships are available for students interested in working in rural Oklahoma. An application is required. Call 918-595-7200 to apply.
Training and Certification
- 18-month program for primary work; learners usually require additional Speed Building training to meet industry standard WPM
- 6 modules over 66 weeks; each module is comprised of 3 submodules; each submodule is 3 to 4 weeks in length
- Training focuses on high accuracy and speed intervals of 180, 200, and 225 words per minute
Tuition1, Books, And Software
This program is not eligible for federal financial aid (FAFSA). Tuition on a monthly average is $355/submodule, for an approximate total program cost of $6,400. 1Total program cost can vary depending on how quickly you progress through the speed-building portion of the course, as there may be the need for speed-building classes after the program end to gain sufficient hand speed to qualify to sit for the state test. These classes will be offered at a reduced monthly rate once all
Materials For The Program
- Stenographic Machine: The machine needs to be real-time ready - very important. Must include the wide asterisk and wide DZ keys (can be a student or professional model). The machines will range anywhere in price from $300 to $1600 for student models; rentals are available for an average of $55/month. The stenographic machine is to be attached to a laptop (No Apple products).
- How does the stenograph machine's design set me up for the most success in improving my speed?
- 22 keys
- phonetic spelling system
- left hand = initial consonant
- right hand = ending consonant
- entire words typed at the same time
- How does the stenograph machine's design set me up for the most success in improving my speed?
- Computer: Windows-based laptop with the following minimum specifications - processor speed of 2GHz or higher (an Intel i3, i7, or AMD equivalent is recommended); 40 GB hard drive with at least 20 GB of free space (an 80 GB hard drive is recommended.
- Required Text: "Mark Kislingbury's Magnum Steno: Beginning Theory."
Are you a current Court Reporting student and need to enroll? Register for the next module in sequence or monthly speed-building section using the link below.
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Basic Life Support (BLS) is the foundational emergency cardiovascular course for all healthcare professionals and first responders intended to help improve patient outcomes. BLS teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in pre-hospital and in-facility settings. BLS Provider status surpasses requirements for CPR (C) or CPR Healthcare Provider (HCP) unless stated otherwise. This training is a prerequisite for TCC EMS courses, including EMT, AEMT and Paramedic. Students will receive a BLS Provider card from the American Health Association upon course completion.
Excel for the Novice, Business, and Advanced User
Whether you consider yourself at the Novice, Business, or Advanced user level, TCC Continuing Education has any one of these short-course offerings for you to advance your understanding and skill. In four short hours, you will learn how to use Excel confidently every day. You will know how to use spreadsheets and graphs, how to track data, format cells to more in-depth information for the Business and Advanced user like advanced workbook formatting, functions, working with macros and advanced charting and more! Tuition includes the textbooks for you to take home. Classes are located at our Northeast and Southeast campuses and open to virtual attendance as well!
FAA Part-107 UAS Certification Preparation & Flight Training
Part 107 FAA Exam Preparation
With the ever increasing number of drones being used for all sorts of different applications including real estate, engineering, land surveying, and emergency response, TCC offers the Part 107 exam preparation course several times throughout the year. The 4 day course (12 total hours) will prepare enrollees to take and pass the FAA Part 107 exam. Participants will learn the following and more:
• FAA CFR Part 107
• Airspace classification
• Aviation weather sources
• Effect of weather on drone performance
• UAS Loading
• Radio communication procedures
• Aeronautical decision-making & judgment
• Airport operations
• Preflight procedures & routine maintenance
• Emergency procedures
Tulsa Community College's Continuing Education Part 107 FAA Exam Preparation course is CLEET certified.
Drone Flight Training
In this custom-made course, participants will learn from an FAA Part-107 licensed instructor in a convenient outdoor location, away from controlled airspace. You will learn on your own drone with ample hands-on flying time to master orientation, basic flight maneuvers and more advanced flight skills. You will be walked through your drone’s associated app and learn how to handle obstacles such as lost GPS, low battery charge or emergencies while flying under various intelligent flight modes and capturing photo and video. Part 107 licensure required. This course is available by appointment only.
If you would like to schedule a Part 107 exam prep class OR a Drone Flight Training class for you or your group, please contact TCC Continuing Education at 918-595-7200
Foodservice Manager's Certification
Our certification courses are designed to meet the requirements of the Tulsa Food Code through the National Restaurant Association of Food Safety Professionals. Each food service establishment must have personnel who are certified in food safety. This certification ensures that food service supervisory personnel possess safe techniques knowledge for all areas of food service. After successful completion of the computerized test, you will receive your test results on the same day of the test.
- The certification is nationally recognized by ANSI-CFP and is good for five years.
- Tests are available in several languages including English, Chinese, French Canadian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and Large Print, and must be requested at the time of enrollment.
- A legal and valid picture ID must be presented before the exam.
- Payment is due upon registration.
Full Foodservice Manager's Certification
- Includes class lecture, study guide, review and test.
- Meets 8:30am to 5pm on the first day and 8:30am to 12:30pm on the second day.
Foodservice Manager's Recertification
- Includes study guide, review and test.
- Meets 8:30am to 12:30pm.
Foodservice Manager's Test*
- Test only.
- Meets 10:30am to 12:30pm unless otherwise stated.
100% refund will be given if a written, faxed, or emailed request is made to Continuing Education and Workforce Development office two (2) full business days between Monday and Friday before the first day of class. However, if you have received the study guide, you are not eligible for a refund. We may, though, reschedule you to the next class. Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance nor inability to finish coursework. We reserve the right to amend this policy for specialized programs and events.
*IMPORTANT: The day of the exam, you must present a Photo ID with signature. Acceptable forms of this are driver's license, state ID, student ID, military ID, employee ID, green card, or valid passport. You cannot use photocopy. You cannot take the exam without a valid photo ID.
Human Resources (SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP)
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resources expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development. They reflect what HR practitioners need to know to be leaders in their organization and the profession.
Ensure you are prepared with TCC's Continuing Education and Workforce Development's SHRM CP and SPC courses. These are designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for career success. The intensive courses combine expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge, and stay on track for success.
- HR Competencies
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards and Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Structure of the HR Function
- Workplace Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Risk Management and Corporate Social Responsibility
- U.S. Employment Laws & Regulations
- Business & HR Strategy
- SHRM-CP & SHRM-SCP Exam Overview and Discussion
Course materials are included and may be picked up prior to class, after completing registration and signing the Book Release Form. The CE Program Coordinator will notify students of these arrangements prior to class starting. Once materials are picked up, no refund will be given.
Information Technology - Entry-Level Professional Certifications
Entry-Level Professional Certificates can upskill and reskill you for high-demand entry-level jobs.
You can take each class individually within the Certificate Bundle listed below, or purchase the bundle at 10% off (an approximate savings between $50 and $100 depending on the bundle). All Information Technology Professional Certificates listed below are 100% online. Click on any hyper-linked bulleted Certificate title below for course details, cost, and registration. Once you register, you will be connected with an administrator to give you access to your course.
- Google IT Support
- Google UX Design
- Google Project Management
- Google IT Automation with Python
- Preparing for Google Cloud Certification: Machine Learning Engineer
- Preparing for Google Cloud Certification: Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Preparing for Google Cloud Certification: Cloud Network Engineer
- Preparing for Google Cloud Certification: Cloud Architect
- Preparing for Google Cloud Certification: Cloud Data Engineer
- Preparing for Google Cloud Certification: Cloud Engineer
- IBM Full Stack Cloud Developer
- IBM Data Engineering
- IBM Applied AI Professional Certificate
- IBM z/OS Mainframe Practitioner Professional Certificate
- IBM AI Engineering Professional Certificate
- IBM Machine Learning
- Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals AI-900 Exam Prep Specialization
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 Exam Prep Specialization
- Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals DP-900 Exam Prep Specialization
- SAS Programmer
- SAS Visual Business Analytics
- DeepLearning AI TensorFlow Developer
- Certified Ethical Emerging Technologist
- ICPM Certified Supervisor
Marketing - Facebook Social Media Marketer
Whether you’ve been tinkering with social media platforms for your business already or are completely new to the field of digital marketing, you’ve come to the right place. This six-course program, developed by digital marketing experts, includes industry-relevant curriculum designed to prepare you for an entry-level role in social media marketing.
After an introduction to digital marketing and the main social media platforms, you’ll learn to establish an online presence, create posts, build a following, and manage your social media accounts. You’ll develop skills in creating and managing advertising campaigns and evaluating the results of your marketing efforts. At about 6-10 hours per week, you can complete the certificate in about 5-6months.
Related Job Role
Social Media Marketer
What You Will Learn
- Create and analyze an effective advertising campaign
- Create, edit, and troubleshoot ads in Facebook Ads Manager
- Create a creative brief that includes the assets for your paid ad
- Establish and manage a social media presence
Applied Learning and Tools
Our projects offer an opportunity to apply social media marketing skills practically. From establishing your business goals and brand to creating and evaluating an ad campaign in Facebook Ads Manager, you’ll work directly within social media platforms to create engaging and relevant content, discover the ins-and-outs of each social media platform, practice analyzing metrics, and more. Your results will include a portfolio you can share with a future employer or use at your own business.
Upon successful completion of the program, you’ll earn both the Coursera and the Facebook Digital Marketing Associate Certification, proving your skills in social media marketing and in the use of Facebook Ads Manager. Earning your Facebook Certification gets you exclusive access to the new Facebook Certification Career Network. A job search platform that connects Facebook Certified professionals with 50+ top employers who have committed to sourcing talent through its certification programs. We’ll provide you with the link once you’ve completed all the courses and passed the exam.
Project Management - Project Success Method - Methodology
Project Success Method -- Methodology
For over 38 years, techniques learned from the proprietary Project Success Method have helped teams dramatically improve their project performance through:
- Formal detailing of project requirements,
- Collaborative development of project plans, and
- Successful project execution through an accountable control process.
The Project Success Method offers the best of both worlds. It is a blend of traditional waterfall project management and the Agile approach, enabling teams to move quickly while ensuring their customers have a delivery date they can trust.
The powerful and practical hands-on methodology can be learned in our 18 ½ hour class and applied immediately upon completion.
The Project Success Method requires no project management or Agile experience, no software tools, and no templates. The Project Success Method can be used in any business application and any project scenario. The Project Success Methodology is neither simply “academic” nor “theory”; it provides the most effective and efficient real-world process for developing, ensuring, and maintaining a consistency in approach within project teams.
The Project Success Method™ - Practitioner Certification (PSM-P)
The Practitioner Certification is the first and only practical hands-on project management certification which demonstrates your knowledge of techniques to manage any type, kind or size project scenario consistently using a proven repeatable project methodology. Start to finish!
The PSM-P is not about memorizing a book and trying to apply that knowledge to different project scenarios. This is about proving you have learned a powerful 38-year proprietary proven methodology to manage any team in any project scenario. Its actionable and about doing it, not static and trying to determine what to apply based on adapting multiple general knowledge areas.
To qualify for the PSM-P an individual must attend and successfully complete a Project Success Method class from PSI or a PSI approved college or university partner.
Please note - the project success method PSM-P certification exam is a separate registration and an additional cost. Please visit the PSI website for more details on how to register and take the certification exam at projectsuccess.com
None. No prior project management experience, training, or certification is required.
Attend Live Instructor Led Online Classes - In Real Time
You participate in live online classes as they are happening in real-time, from anywhere around the world with an internet connection. PSI instructors teach students in a virtual classroom: you attend these courses online. Classes include full participation, course materials, breakout sessions, demonstrations and all the same activities and content as a live in-person class.
This program is designed for:
- Individuals wanting to learn a proven, robust and repeatable methodology for managing projects.
- Certified PMP’s seeking a practical, application-oriented project management approach and/or PDUs to maintain their credential.
- Non-certified project managers who want to learn how to better foster a collaborative environment and a spirit of accountability for delivering projects.
- Agile practitioners who want to learn how to find – and leverage – schedule flexibility with a waterfall approach.
- Members of project teams and key project contributors who want to learn what should be expected from them when working within a project scenario.
- Sponsors of projects who want to make sure the team is working within an environment and with an approach that will ultimately lead to their – and the organization’s – success.
- Project management office (PMO) staff who need to understand how to better support a project manager/team and the meaning of various types of project schedule-related data.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the purposes and benefits of a common project management method.
- Specify project objectives and constraints with respect to quality, time, and cost.
- Develop management procedures to promote collaboration, coordination and cooperation among project participants with different backgrounds and priorities.
- Apply a set of proven techniques for planning, organizing, scheduling, and budgeting projects.
- Analyze the trade-offs among time, cost, and productive resources to make sound project planning and control decisions.
- Control projects toward successful completion – within specifications, on-time, and within budget.
- Understand process-related behaviors which can enhance teamwork and increase the likelihood of a project’s success.
- Use the methodology to plan, schedule, manage and successfully complete any type or size project.
- Introduction / Key Principles
- Project Chartering
- Work Breakdown Structure / Team Organization
- Precedence Network Analysis
- Activity Duration Estimating / Scheduling Calculations
- Project Duration/Cost Compression Analysis
- Overview of Project Staffing & Budgeting
- Overview of Project Control
- Conclusion & Glossary
- 2 Days (2 x 9 1/2 hours including midday lunch break)
- 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CST
Note: Additional schedule options (such as four half-day sessions) can be made available for groups of 10 or more.
Project Success Method-Methodology
The Project Success Method (PSM) methodology is a blend of traditional waterfall project management and the Agile approach. The complete start to finish methodology enables individuals and teams to plan, schedule and manage project quickly while ensuring their customers have a delivery date they can trust.
The powerful and practical hands-on methodology can be learned in our 20 hour class and applied immediately upon completion. The methodology can be used with any software tools or templates. The PSM can be used in any business application and any project scenario. No prior project management experience, training, or certification is required. For non-certified project managers, agile practitioners, project team members and PMPs who want to learn a repeatable methodology. Remote, live instruction.
Project Success Method Toolkit Class for Microsoft Project
No prior Microsoft Project experience is required. The Project Success Toolkit is a proprietary add-on for Microsoft Project 2013/2016/2019 that augments the core functionality of Microsoft Project. Over 6200 users around the world including many in the world’s best-known companies are using the Toolkit to more efficiently and effectively manage their projects. The Toolkit enhances the scheduling functionality of Microsoft Project and allows the user to follow the Project Success Method by enabling critical path and duration-based scheduling. This program is designed for prospective users of Microsoft Project. Remote, live instruction.
Salesforce Sales Development Representative
If you’ve always wanted a rewarding career, the tech sales industry may be the path for you. If you’re an ambitious problem-solver who likes to win, you’ll find tech sales not only fulfilling, but lucrative as well.
As the tech industry continuously introduces innovative services and products, tech sales roles have become more crucial than ever. SDRs are in the front lines of the tech biz, connecting with customers and clients, and coming up with the smartest solutions for their problems. Sales Development Representatives aren’t just important to the business — they’re essential. At about 5 hours per week, you can complete the certificate in less than 5 months.
Related Job Role
Sales Development Representative
What You Will Learn
- Articulate the purpose of the SDR role and develop strategies for your personal and professional success
- Apply the success-proven principles of selling methodologies
- Prepare a professional portfolio and develop your personal brand to reflect your performance in the interview process
Applied Learning and Tools
Each of the 5 courses included in the program culminates in an experiential project to prepare you to become a successful SDR. You will learn the SV Academy Conversational Selling methodology and how to apply the principles to real-world scenarios. By gaining hands-on skills with the latest tech tools skills, you will learn how to boost productivity in converting inbound and outbound leads into opportunities. You will also develop a results-driven professional portfolio that will position you for top performance in the interview process to land a job in tech sales.
Salesforce: Sales Operations
What You Will Learn
Build reports, charts, and dashboards in Salesforce to communicate relevant information about sales performance to stakeholders and executives.
Use Salesforce Sales Cloud Lightning to manage accounts, opportunities, products, quotes, and contracts.
Explain how CRM works in the context of sales, marketing, and customer service in modern businesses.
Articulate use cases for how Salesforce can provide value to sales teams.
Applied Learning Project
Learners will work hands-on in Salesforce to solve real world business problems for a fictional social media company. Throughout the certificate, learners will build a portfolio highlighting use cases where they leverage tools in the Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud to make the work of a sales team more efficient and effective during the sales process. Adopting the role of a sales operations specialist, learners will demonstrate how to optimize the work of marketing associates, sales development representatives, account executives, and sales managers.
Earn a Career Credential
When you complete all of the courses in the program, you'll earn a Certificate to share with your professional network as well as unlock access to career support resources to help you kickstart your new career. Many Professional Certificates have hiring partners that recognize the Professional Certificate credential and others can help prepare you for a certification exam. You can find more information on individual Professional Certificate pages where it applies.
Workplace Readiness Skills
Designed from a culmination of almost 40 years of research and development in the area of emotional intelligence, the Workplace Readiness Skills curriculum is intended to develop learners soft skills. The Workplace Readiness program has three components: Job Readiness (8 courses), Job Seeking (6), and Job Keeping (3s). Program curriculum combines pre- and post-assessments and intervention activities to target those hard to teach skills critical in the workplace. Each pathway provides over 750 30-60 second videos to compliment skill intervention activities. Upon completion of any or all parts of the three-part series (Job Readiness, Job Seeking, and Job Keeping) learners have the ability to earn a Tulsa Community College digital badge documenting pathway competence
Within the Job Readiness micro-credential, learners will navigate through eight courses focusing on these topics: attitude, communication, planning and organizing, critical thinking, interpersonal/social skills, teamwork, professionalism, and media rules. To showcase job readiness skill acquisition, learners will be required to score 70% or above in their pre- and post-assessments.
Within the Job Seeking micro-credential, learners will navigate through six courses focusing on these topics: job search, resumes, job applications, preparing for an interview, interviewing, and after the interview. To showcase job seeking skill acquisition, learners will be required to score 70% or above in their pre- and post-assessments.
Within the Job Keeping micro-credential, learners will navigate through three courses focusing on these topics: getting off on the right foot, getting along in the workplace, and performance reviews. To showcase job keeping skill acquisition, learners will be required to score 70% or above in their pre- and post-assessments.