Professional Development & Certifications
If you work in a field where college degrees are not required or available, earning a professional certificate may be the only credential that can prove your qualification. We work with Tulsa Community College academic departments and industry leaders to provide professional certificates for today's most in-demand fields. Our courses are designed to strengthen and enhance a person's ability to perform a job or task. Professional certifications may not be mandatory, but becoming certified increases your value as an employee can significantly improve your chances of growing in your profession, getting a raise, or taking on new opportunities.
If you are a senior or TCC employee, your course may be eligible for a 10% discount. Discounts can only be applied with registration over the phone. To schedule a time to redeem the discount, email us at email@example.com.
If you are a military spouse, you may be eligible for financial assistance from MyCAA. Click the link to read about eligibility guidelines.
ENROLLMENT NOW OPEN FOR CLASS BEGINNING MAY 24 2021!!!
WHAT DOES A COURT REPORTER DO?
Court Reporters type word-for-word transcriptions at trials, depositions, and other legal proceedings.
WHERE DO COURT REPORTERS WORK?
Most work in courts or legislatures. Some work from home or a central office to provide broadcast captioning for television stations or for individuals who are hard of hearing.
WHAT ARE MY JOB PROSPECTS AS A COURT REPORTER?
Court reporting is a fantastic career with amazing earning potential and many opportunities to work as much or as little as fits your schedule. With a Court Reporting Certificate, you will be qualified for positions that include official court reporter, freelance court reporter, closed captioner, and CART (Communication Access Realtime Translation) provider. Starting salaries begin at approximately $45,000/year. Employment for court reporters is expected to grow 7 percent from 2018 - 2028, faster than the average for all occupations.
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
- 18- month program
- 6 modules over 66 weeks; each module is comprised of 3 submodules; each submodule is 3 to 4 weeks in length
- Training focuses on high accuracy and speed intervals of 180, 220, and 225 words per minute
TUITION*, BOOKS, AND SOFTWARE
This program is not eligible for federal financial aid (FAFSA). Tuition on a monthly average is $355/submodule, for an approximate total program cost of $6,400. *Total program cost can vary depending on how quickly you progress through the speed building portion of the course, as there may be the need for speed building classes after program end to gain sufficient hand speed to qualify to sit for the state test. These classes will be offered at a reduced monthly rate once all other courses are completed. Senior and employee discounts from TCC CE are not applicable.
NEEDED TO START THE PROGRAM
- Stenographic Machine: The machine needs to be real-time ready - very important. Must include wide asterisk and wide DZ keys (can be student or professional model). The machines will range anywhere in price from $300 to $1600 for student models; rentals are available for an average of $55/month. The stenographic machine is to be attached to a laptop (No Apple products).
- How does the stenograph machine's design set up me up for the most success of improving my speed?
- 22 keys
- phonetic spelling system
- left hand = initial consonant
- right hand = ending consonant
- entire words typed at the same time
- How does the stenograph machine's design set up me up for the most success of improving my speed?
- Computer: Windows-based laptop with the following minimum specifications - processor speed of 2GHz or higher (an Intel i3, i7, or AMD equivalent is recommended); 40 GB hard drive with at least 20 GB of free space (an 80 GB hard drive is recommended.
- Required Text: "Mark Kislingbury's Magnum Steno: Beginning Theory."
Certificacion del Gerente Espanol de Servicios de Alimentos
Nuestros cursos de certificación están diseñados para cumplir con los requisitos del Código de Alimentos de Tulsa a través de la Asociación Nacional de Restaurantes de Profesionales de Seguridad Alimentaria. Cada establecimiento de servicio de alimentos debe tener personal certificado en seguridad alimentaria. Esta certificación garantiza que el personal de supervisión del servicio de alimentos posea conocimientos de técnicas seguras para todas las áreas del servicio de alimentos. Después de completar con éxito la prueba computarizada, recibirá los resultados de la prueba el mismo día de la prueba.
- La certificación es reconocida a nivel nacional por ANSI-CFP y es buena durante cincoaños.
- Las pruebas están disponibles en varios idiomas, incluyendo inglés, español, coreano, chino tradicional, chino moderno, y deben solicitarse en el momento de la inscripción.
- Antes del examen se debe presentar un documento de identidad con fotografía legal y válido.
- El pago debe abonarse en el momento de la inscripción.
OPCIONES DE REGISTRO
Certificación completa del Gerente de Foodservice
- Incluye clase magistral, guía de estudio, revisión y prueba.
- Se reúne de 8:30am a 5pm el primer día y de 8:30am a 12:30pm en el segundo día.
Recertificación del Gerente de Servicio de Alimentos
- Incluye guía de estudio, revisión y prueba.
- Cumple de 8:30am a 12:30pm.
Prueba del Gerente de Servicio de Alimentos
- Sólo prueba.
- Cumple de 10:30 a.m. a 12:30 p.m. a menos que se indique lo contrario.
POLÍTICA DE REEMBOLSO
Se le dará un reembolso del 100% si se realiza una solicitud por escrito, por fax o por correo electrónico a la oficina de Educación Continua y Desarrollo de la Fuerza Laboral dos (2) días hábiles completos entre el lunes y el viernes antes del primer día de clase. Sin embargo, si ha recibido la guía de estudio, no es elegible para un reembolso. Podemos, sin embargo, reprogramarlo a la siguiente clase. No se emitirán reembolsos por no asistencia ni incapacidad para terminar el trabajo del curso. Nos reservamos el derecho de modificar esta política para programas y eventos especializados.
Excel for the Novice, Business, and Advanced User
Whether you consider yourself at the Novice, Business, or Advanced user level, TCC Continuing Education has any one of these short-course offerings for you to advance your understanding and skill. In four short hours, you will learn how to use Excel confidently every day. You will know how to use spreadsheets and graphs, how to track data, format cells to more in-depth information for the Business and Advanced user like advanced workbook formatting, functions, working with macros and advanced charting and more! Tuition includes the textbooks for you to take home. Classes are located at our Northeast and Southeast campuses and open to virtual attendance as well!
Foodservice Manager's Certification
Our certification courses are designed to meet the requirements of the Tulsa Food Code through the National Restaurant Association of Food Safety Professionals. Each food service establishment must have personnel who are certified in food safety. This certification ensures that food service supervisory personnel possess safe techniques knowledge for all areas of food service. After successful completion of the computerized test, you will receive your test results on the same day of the test.
- The certification is nationally recognized by ANSI-CFP and is good for five years.
- Tests are available in several languages including English, Spanish, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Modern Chinese, and must be requested at the time of enrollment.
- A legal and valid picture ID must be presented before the exam.
- Payment is due upon registration.
Full Foodservice Manager's Certification
- Includes class lecture, study guide, review and test.
- Meets 8:30am to 5pm on the first day and 8:30am to 12:30pm on the second day.
Foodservice Manager's Recertification
- Includes study guide, review and test.
- Meets 8:30am to 12:30pm.
Foodservice Manager's Test
- Test only.
- Meets 10:30am to 12:30pm unless otherwise stated.
100% refund will be given if a written, faxed, or emailed request is made to Continuing Education and Workforce Development office two (2) full business days between Monday and Friday before the first day of class. However, if you have received the study guide, you are not eligible for a refund. We may, though, reschedule you to the next class. Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance nor inability to finish coursework. We reserve the right to amend this policy for specialized programs and events.
Human Resources (SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP)
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resources expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development. They reflect what HR practitioners need to know to be leaders in their organization and the profession.
Ensure you are prepared with TCC's Continuing Education and Workforce Development's SHRM CP and SPC courses. These are designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for career success. The intensive courses combine expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge, and stay on track for success.
- HR Competencies
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards and Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Structure of the HR Function
- Workplace Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Risk Management and Corporate Social Responsibility
- U.S. Employment Laws & Regulations
- Business & HR Strategy
- SHRM-CP & SHRM-SCP Exam Overview and Discussion
Course materials are included and may be picked up prior to class, after completing registration and signing the Book Release Form. The CE Program Coordinator will notify students of these arrangements prior to class starting. Once materials are picked up, no refund will be given.