Course Placement Tests
Course Placement Testing
- You need to be referred to test by a TCC employee (for example: Academic Advisor, Answer Center or Enrollment Services staff). Some students receive email referrals to test.
- Only admitted students with a TCC Student ID number are allowed to take the placement test(s). You are required to present a photo ID (i.e. driver's license, TCC student ID card) in order to test; no exceptions.
To schedule an On Campus appointment:
- Northeast campus appointments
- Southeast campus appointments
- Metro campus appointments, for April 26-May 15, click here.
- West campus appointments
To schedule a Remote Proctoring appointment:
- We are providing remote proctoring for Accuplacer using the Zoom video chat service. Directions to schedule a remote session are here.
- Select a date and time for a remote session by clicking here.
- You will need a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam in order to do a remote testing session.
- There is no fee to take the placement test for TCC.
Test Score Access and Expiration
- To locate your test scores, access the College Board Student Portal. You are able to email your scores to yourself or other institutions. You do not need to send the scores to TCC as we already have your scores on your student record.
- TCC does not accept Accuplacer test scores taken for placement at other institutions; you must take the test(s) at TCC.
- Personal test scores expire after 5 years*.
*if TCC changes the test or placement process, your score(s) will expire 2 years from the point the process or test changed.
- The Accuplacer test has an accessibility wizard that may be used at any time by clicking on the icon located on the top right of every page of the test. This feature will allow you to adjust the font type and size, color scheme, and line spacing at any point during the test.
- Accuplacer Placement tests are available in alternative formats such as braille, paper, large print and audio CD.
We strongly recommend you participate in the following preparation prior to your first test attempt:
- Create an account with Accuplacer
- Select Next Generation Practice Tests then the subject area that corresponds to the test you need to take:
- Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics
- Advanced Algebra and Functions
- Complete the practice test and print out, or take a picture with your phone, the percentage score sheet (if you are completing the prep as a requirement to re-test).
- For the Writeplacer essay, please review the following guides to help prepare you for the Writeplacer (essay writing) assessment: