Course Placement Tests
Remote Proctoring for Accuplacer
- We are now providing remote proctoring for Accuplacer using the Zoom video chat service.
- Directions for obtaining a remote proctoring test session: Student Directions to sign up for test session
- You need to be referred to test by a TCC employee (for example: Advisor, Answer Center or Enrollment Services staff). Some students receive email referrals to test.
- You may only take ONE TEST PER TIME SLOT and you must be on time to your scheduled session.
- Sign up for a specific test, date and time:
- If you need to cancel or reschedule, log back in to SignUpGenius and make the adjustments.
- Retaking a test is limited so please review the Test Preparation section below prior to your first attempt. To retake any test, you need to go to a campus (see the next section).
- Only admitted students with a TCC Student ID number are allowed to take the placement test(s).
- Students who NO SHOW for remote proctor sessions will be restricted from continuing to sign up and will be referred to a campus for testing.
Testing on Campus Options and Approved Re-testing:
- If an on campus appointment works better for your schedule, you may schedule to test on campus. You will find a larger variety of times and days are available on campus.
- If you do not have reliable technology, we recommend you schedule an on campus appointment.
- If you have an approved re-testing referral from an academic advisor, you can only test on campus.
- Schedule an on campus appointment:
- If you schedule an on campus appointment, you do not need to schedule a remote proctoring session as well.
- There is no fee to take the placement test for TCC.
Test Score Access and Expiration
- To locate your test scores, click here to access the College Board Student Portal. You are able to email your scores to yourself or other institutions. You do not need to send the scores to TCC as we already have your scores on your student record.
- TCC does not accept Accuplacer test scores taken for placement at other institutions; you must take the test(s) at TCC.
- Personal test scores expire after 5 years*.
*if TCC changes the test or placement process, your score(s) will expire 2 years from the point the process or test changed.
- The Accuplacer test has an accessibility wizard that may be used at any time by clicking on the icon located on the top right of every page of the test. This feature will allow you to adjust the font type and size, color scheme, and line spacing at any point during the test.
- Accuplacer Placement tests are available in alternative formats such as braille, paper, large print and audio CD.
For students requiring special testing accommodations, please contact Accessibility Resources at (918) 595-7115 to make your requests.
Due to limited remote test session availability, re-testing may be restricted. You will need to discuss your situation with an academic advisor.
We strongly recommend you participate in the following preparation prior to your first test attempt:
- Create an account with Accuplacer
- Select Next Generation Practice Tests then the subject area that corresponds to the test you need to take:
- Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics
- Advanced Algebra and Functions
- Complete the practice test and print out, or take a picture with your phone, the percentage score sheet (if you are completing the prep as a requirement to re-test).
- For the Writeplacer essay, please review the following guides to help prepare you for the Writeplacer (essay writing) assessment:
Directions to do required prep for Accuplacer retesting. (once re-testing is allowed)